Skip to main content

A Starry Night

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Beautiful way to begin a day, actually every day is pray Fajr. InshaAllah you all have the means to do this and if not here are some tips on how to wake up for Fajr:
-keep wudhu the night before(angels surround you if you have wudhu making it easier for you to wake up)
-Read some Qur'an before going to bed(so your mind is focused)
-Make a niyyah(intention) so InshaAllah you will be able to do it!
-Go to sleep early!(a common reason people fail to pray Fajr is because they are too tired from last nights partying ;) )
-Set an alarm atleast an hour or so before sunrise (so you have time to be slow)

These are some tips I like to use and it usually helps me. InshaAllah if you are struggling try your best! Next read the waking up dua

Feel it in your heart. Say it with meaning. You are praising the Almighty for letting you be alive, to begin afresh. Anything bad you did yesterday can be erased through repentence today and good deeds. Then have breakfast! Do it! And make sure you say Bismillah before eating! Then make sure your phone is charged or get a good Islamic book with you! You are going to listen to a lecture on your way to college/work! Its really refreshing to be reminded of the Dunya and its insignificance therefore we should constantly remind ourselves with good words and utilize our time InshaAllah. Check out productivemuslim.com for more tips on how to use your time!
P.s when going downstairs sat SubhanAllah and when going up say AllahuAkbar!
Also before you leave your house say the dua and Ayat kursi three times. This is for protection.

Ayat kursi :

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem Allahu la illaha illa hu Wal Hayyul Qayyum La te huzuhu sinetun wala nawmun Lahu ma fissemawati wa ma fil'ardi Men thallathiy yeshfe'u indehu illa biznih Ya'lemu ma beyne eydiyhim wa ma halfehum wa la yuhiytune bishey'in min ilmihi illa bima sha-a wasia kursiyyuhu semavati wal'ard Wa la yeuduhu hifzuhuma wa hu wal aliy ul aziym

Leaving dua:
Bismillahi Tawakaltu Alla Alla La Hawla WaLa Kuwatta Illa Billah Alyil Azim

Keep your gaze low and avoid places that are filled with guys(i think this applies to colleges!) once you are in your workplace/college do what you are there to do. But try and say 'astaghfirullah' when you have time, which means Oh Allah forgive me of my sins, as ihsaan we should always repent so inshaAllah try this. Also try to say Alhamdulilah (praise be to Allah), SubhanAllah(all glory be to Allah) and AllahuAkbar(Allah is the greatest)

Next befor Zuhr try and pray Duha. Now for you sisters who have no clue what Duha is let me tell you!

1139. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: My Khalil (the Messenger of Allah (PBUH)) directed me to fast three days of each month, and to observe two Rak`ah Duha (optional prayer) at forenoon, and to perform the Witr prayer before going to bed. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Its 2Rakats but can be up to 6rakats.

This means its a Sunnah but we should try to adher to it because it is beneficial! Also try to Read Qur'an after this or even after your Zuhr prayer. Ok so at the end of your long day remember everything you have done and why, it is sometimes useful to reflect maybe on your way home what you have done good today and what needs improvement?

When coming home read Ayat kursi again and remember to say Bismillah when entering your home :)

Let us always remind ourselves of our purpose and not digress InshaAllah. Apart from that a good day needs a good attitude. If one bad thing happens dont let it ruin your whole mood :)

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Running to the Docks

So last week I went to the royal docks- well that's pretty ordinary, no idea why you decided to mention it as a post Well guys, I ran there. I knew the course roughly via barking road until you need to turn towards Newham University Hospital, from there its straight until you get to Prince Regent DLR and then a right and about 10minutes will you get you to Royal Victoria DLR. It's a simple route, but I did get lost at the T-junction towards Custom House or Eastham, luckily I had my phone on hand to guide me.  The route was easy enough, I have ran to Plaistow a couple of times, so that was familiar, from then, it was touch and go. However with such a long route you do need pitstops. My pitstop was Newham University Hospital, they have a toilet and a prayer room, what more could you ask for? Plus it was Sunday, so it was practically empty!But other pitstops could be Westfield, from Plaistow you just follow it round, but that would be a detour from the route so I found