Skip to main content

It's just You and I walking here

I'm afraid as time silently passed by, my thoughts did too, and thus the reason why I am writing so late. I am not sure whether you are aware, I write stories, teen fiction, but I'm looking to explore other areas, there's just something magical in writing; its like creating a whole new world- one day you can live in a mansion, or on the other side of the world, the possibilities are endless.

In relation to writing, I think all of my posts reflect my thought process, and my version of how I see the world, and if you haven't by some odd reason, realised I have a philosophical outlook. Now the good thing about it is, I dont believe (though others would disagree) that it is hard to think philosophically, I believe we all can do it as we all have brains, and I think once you've read a perspective which thinks a bit deeper, it certainly changes your views (whether you like it or not!)

Originally I was looking to advise (in any way I could I suppose) sisters, like you with problems they may have (which may or not be similar to mine) but over time its become more than that. It's become a beacon of my thoughts and often it helps me unravel my own thoughts, yes that may sound odd, but even I don't understand my thoughts sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well moving on to the topic at hand, I have want to share something I have been thinking about.

This is something I have come to realise and to be honest I don't usually share my thoughts but seeing as you and I have become so close, I thought why not?

So sis, can I ask, what gets you through your day/week? Do you feel like it goes by grudgingly and your constantly waiting for something...exciting..?

Because originally I, somewhere in the back of my mind had a 'goal' every day/week whether it was to eat some delicious food or go out with my friends, there was always something I was looking "forward" to.

And shamefully I have come to realise this, is really, quite destructive. You know why? Seeking a small satisfaction or happiness almost undermines the real happiness you should have. For instance I am looking forward to going on holiday, what a week! I need this!! But then your prayers are half hearted you forget your sunnahs and tawaqqul. Instead focus on the amazing holiday but when the holiday is over, you simply look for another "feel good" and unfortunately it continues and inevitably makes you feel discontent and sad, because ultimately you are lacking real happiness.

Happiness in Worship to the Almighty. What I realised is when you look forward to praying, look forward to waking up, just being alive and connecting with Him, you never feel lost in time, or look towards anything, why? Because you are living in the present, not future not even past, you are enjoying what you have.

It is also because one thing we can be sure of, is what we have now, like of this minute I am sitting here writing and Alhamdulilah I can do this. I am blessed to be able to, but if I were to think about what I will write later on. ..oh no what should I write next week? What if I dont get time...and so on I wouldn't enjoy the fact I can do so now and it then if by Allah's will I made to next week there would only be worry and tension and I would not be a grateful Slave at all.

And are we not Slaves to the Almighty, blessed be to have this opportunity? May Allah bless each and every one of you, Ya Ukthi I love you fesabililahi <3 take care.

P.s I want to start a sisters corner, so you gals can throw me problems and I will post them on a page anonymously and give you my advice (bearing in mind I am not an aalimah but I can try to help you, obviously if it is something which requires scholarly advice I can help you find it aswell ;) ) but if you don't want them posted you can tell me and I won't I will just give you my advice instead :) .. You know my email, Elastix86@gmail.com email me if you have a dilemma on your hands, I am always ready to listen! It doesn't have to be a big problem maybe your struggling with faith, or school, or even feeling depressed, nothings "not worth it".

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Running to the Docks

So last week I went to the royal docks- well that's pretty ordinary, no idea why you decided to mention it as a post Well guys, I ran there. I knew the course roughly via barking road until you need to turn towards Newham University Hospital, from there its straight until you get to Prince Regent DLR and then a right and about 10minutes will you get you to Royal Victoria DLR. It's a simple route, but I did get lost at the T-junction towards Custom House or Eastham, luckily I had my phone on hand to guide me.  The route was easy enough, I have ran to Plaistow a couple of times, so that was familiar, from then, it was touch and go. However with such a long route you do need pitstops. My pitstop was Newham University Hospital, they have a toilet and a prayer room, what more could you ask for? Plus it was Sunday, so it was practically empty!But other pitstops could be Westfield, from Plaistow you just follow it round, but that would be a detour from the route so I found