Skip to main content

My Eid

I used to think Eid was all about fancy new clothes, cool places to go and people to see, but maybe over time our perception of quality of an Eid experience changes, maybe I got wiser or maybe I just finally come to understand how Islam can change persons outlook on life. 

I've been having a hard time with understanding life but alhamdulilah I've come to trust and put my faith in Allah and I plan to record how I did it.

Not that I know a lot but excuse me of my peasant-amateur experiences, today was Eid and alhamdulilah I didn't do a lot, I didn't buy extravagant clothes, or go new places, I didn't even see many people, all I had was my family with me and that was enough, because alhamdulilah you don't need that, Eid isn't about big celebrations it's about celebrating what you already have, and with the right attitude I was able to see that, when I was young I thought Eid was meant to be exciting and dramatic but it's not, it's only as far as what you lead your mind to believe. 

As a Muslim I know I should be happy with everything I have, and understanding I need to be sefless fighting against my nafs, my nafs tried to make me believe this Eid wasn't enough but I fought against it and I saw that Eid was fine the way it is, I just needed to understand what I wanted from life. Did I want excitement? Did I want more than what I had been given? 

The answer was no, I just wanted to be grateful to Allah, and simply being alive I could do that therefore Eid was fulfilled by itself with no other motives or minions and certainly not going to be fulfilled by my Nafs. 

Wasalaam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Hemp protein review

So as I've been working more I've been needing more protein because one of my goals is to build muscle as well as lose fat. And as you might be aware it's important to have a high protein diet or at least a good amount in your diet. Even if you're not working out having more protein is good for you so this might be something you can add to your milkshakes, porridge etc if you'd like. Hemp protein -taken from the plant -it is unflavoured -you can buy it on my protein at 300g 1kg or on bulk powders from 500g to 5kg -I bought mine on my protein at £24.99 but used the 37% discount (my husband got it as company discount but they also have a 30% discount on the website anyway) and got it for around £15 there's also p & p which is around £4 (this is to my address it may be different depending on where you live)  Pros -the 1kg comes with a plastic scoop which is handy as you just use one scoop -lasts a decent amount of time -I like the packaging