Skip to main content

Shes my little sister

I think when you take a look at my little sister she seems so mature, so grown up, so aware. But you forget she's still small, she has no idea about the world, and it's corruption. Most importantly the influence friends can have on you. When you're young you're still confused about what's right and what's wrong, you want to explore and discover the world, you want to be older. But you can't, because you're not ready. No way near.

Today my sister was found to be doing something wrong, when confronted she cried. She usually cries so this was not shocking to me, especially because kids usually cry when found to be doing something they shouldn't of. What made me realise how vulnerable and small she really is, is when I spoke to her about what had happened. I asked her why. I asked how. And I asked what she thought now. Her response was so innocent it made me realise how bad she felt. She insisted it was her friend who had told her, and all my previous views of how mature and adult like she was didn't completely disappear but it allowed me to realise she's still young. She didn't eat anything as she felt too bad to eat- this also made me realise what true guilt is, when you honestly feel as though the world is caving in on you and you regret your mistake so badly you would do anything to change it.

That was what she felt. My heart went out to her, as I knew she was regretful. When I first found out my instant reaction was not anger, it was why. I wanted to know, if she was curious, if she came across it...I never thought even as a child that anger solved anything. Sure she should feel guilt and know it's wrong. But anger never solves anything. 

I'm so glad in a way that I was able to help her in this problem. I remember as a child being confused as why I was shouted at for doing things wrong instead of explaining why. Instead of being able to talk to someone without dying of fear. I feel like in today's society it is far more important for a child to talk to someone rather than having fear of someone, although fear is good it isn't always good. I pray Allah protects her from the evils of this world and help her to grow up a pious young woman. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most important daily habit

 Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,  After a very long time I came across my blog once again and I decided I wanted to write something that I hope will benefit you inshaAllah.   I have found memorizing quran to be something I consistently struggle with mainly keeping a habit of it. Here are some tips I have found that helped me to make progress in my memorisation.   1. Think about the importance of the Quran, we know as muslims it is divine guidance so why would we not want to read and memorise it? The more we memorise the more we can use in our salah which should also help with our khushoo too inshaAllah.  This particularly helps if you are falling short of doing it daily, I know I have slacked and completely stopped memorizing for a while but when I really think about how important it is I make it a priority to do it.  2. Set a daily timer for it, build up to 30mins maybe start with 10mins the point is to be consistent as we know the consistent actions are the most beloved

Delay

Apologies for delay in posting, been having a struggle within myself. Will post an article soon or something else, please forgive me. 

Running to the Docks

So last week I went to the royal docks- well that's pretty ordinary, no idea why you decided to mention it as a post Well guys, I ran there. I knew the course roughly via barking road until you need to turn towards Newham University Hospital, from there its straight until you get to Prince Regent DLR and then a right and about 10minutes will you get you to Royal Victoria DLR. It's a simple route, but I did get lost at the T-junction towards Custom House or Eastham, luckily I had my phone on hand to guide me.  The route was easy enough, I have ran to Plaistow a couple of times, so that was familiar, from then, it was touch and go. However with such a long route you do need pitstops. My pitstop was Newham University Hospital, they have a toilet and a prayer room, what more could you ask for? Plus it was Sunday, so it was practically empty!But other pitstops could be Westfield, from Plaistow you just follow it round, but that would be a detour from the route so I found